Kimchi Fermentation Private Workshop
In this Korean kimchi class, learn how to make one of the World's top five Healthiest Foods. Rich in probiotics, vitamins, and minerals, Kimchi aka kimchee is made by fermenting vegetables with a variety of seasonings using the Lacto Fermentation method. You will learn how this method of preserving vegetables, when partnered with their spices and flavourings, will be reborn uniquely into their own combined characteristics. This probiotic Live Food will turn into a powerhouse detoxifier that will go a long way towards re-establishing your gut health.
This is a Private In-Person or Online Workshop tailored to your needs, and schedule at your convenience.
In this hands-on class, you will:
• learn how to make authentic Korean Kimchi
• discuss why fermented foods play such an important role in your health
• explore different types of salts and ingredients used in kimchi.
• understand the science of fermentation
• sample various kimchi and other ferments
• grasp the various fermenting techniques and vessels
• discover ways to modify Kimchi to suit your tastebud as well as vegetarian/vegan options
• learn how to use it in creative ways in your everyday cooking
- all ingredients (in-person class only)
- instructions and recipe manual
- a litre jar of Kimchi to take home which shall be ready within a week (in-person class only)
- full follow-up support via email to ensure your fermenting success
Online Workshop Available
Gift Certificate Available
This is a 4 hours hands-on class, with a lunch, or 3 hours, without the lunch.
Kimchi Luncheon (in-person class only)
Also offered for $25 extra per person:
A Kimchi luncheon, which showcase various ways to incorporate kimchi into meals.
A Korean dish called Bo Ssam, rice syrup and persimmon flavoured BBQ pork or a vegan version,
Kimchi and many other fermented dishes,
Wrapped in garden Lettuces,
Accompanied with a fermented sweet, lightly spicy and savoury dipping sauce, called Ssamjang
As well as a Kimchi Soup will be served.
Kombucha and fermented treats will be offered as well. Bring your appetite.
**All sales are non-refundable and final**
Payment in full is required at the time of registration.
As of September 22nd, 2021, all participants over the age of 12 must be fully vaccinated to attend any in-person workshops at our premises. Please do not proceed with your purchase if you are unable to provide proof of vaccination as we would not be permitted to allow entry per government guidelines.
For anyone eligible to be vaccinated against Covid-19, s/he will be fully vaccinated (per Health Canada requirements) at least 2 weeks (14 days) prior to the day of your scheduled workshop.
You must provide both photo ID and proof of vaccination for each guest over the age of 12 by email no less than 2 weeks prior to attending your scheduled workshop.
We thank you for your cooperation and understanding. We shall get through this together!
Cancellation and Change Policy
There are no refunds for the workshops. A credit will be issued for a future class if we are provided with at least 48 hours class cancellation notice.
We understand that the trajectory of Covid-19 is unknown moving forward. We must assume that we are allowed to open and operate, hence, our above refund policy will remain in effect.
We do not offer cash, credit or debit card refunds. Please carefully read the following information on our policy regarding transfers, cancellation and fees:
- We require at least 48 hours notice for rescheduling before the time and date of workshop. This policy is good for a year from the original date. Please send your reschedule request to us via email.
- In exceptional circumstances, we reserve the right to cancel a class with a minimum of 24 hours prior notice, although we have not experienced it thus far. We will re-book your workshop to another suitable time and date.
- Should we be forced to close at any time under government orders, the above policy will apply and all those with cooking classes or events affected by the closure will be offered a credit for future use.
- A confirmation email is sent at the time of booking to the email used for the registration.
- A reminder email will be sent a week prior to the workshop.
Sales are final so if you do have any dietary restrictions, allergies or questions, please contact us prior to booking to inquire if the class of interest is suitable for you.