Kimchi Fermentation Private Workshop
In this Korean kimchi class, learn how to make one of the World's top five Healthiest Foods. Rich in probiotics, vitamins, and minerals, Kimchi aka kimchee is made by fermenting vegetables with a variety of seasonings using the Lacto Fermentation method. You will learn how this method of preserving vegetables, when partnered with their spices and flavourings, will be reborn uniquely into their own combined characteristics. This probiotic Live Food will turn into a powerhouse detoxifier that will go a long way towards re-establishing your gut health.
This is a Private In-Person or Online Workshop tailored to your needs, and schedule at your convenience.
Tailored to your personal needs, you may schedule a private class or event at your convenience for a time and date of your choosing (bring your friends and have a fermenting party).
In this hands-on class, you will:
• learn how to make authentic Korean Kimchi
• discuss why fermented foods play such an important role in your health
• explore different types of salts and ingredients used in kimchi.
• understand the science of fermentation
• sample various kimchi and other ferments
• grasp the various fermenting techniques and vessels
• discover ways to modify Kimchi to suit your tastebud as well as vegetarian/vegan options
• learn how to use it in creative ways in your everyday cooking
- all ingredients (in-person class only)
- instructions and recipe manual
- a litre jar of Kimchi to take home which shall be ready within a week (in-person class only)
- full follow-up support via email to ensure your fermenting success
Online Workshop Available
Gift Certificate Available
This is a 4 hours hands-on class, with a lunch, or 3 hours, without the lunch.
Kimchi Luncheon (in-person class only)
Also offered for $25 extra per person:
A Kimchi luncheon, which showcase various ways to incorporate kimchi into meals.
A Korean dish called Bo Ssam, rice syrup and persimmon flavoured BBQ pork or a vegan version,
Kimchi and many other fermented dishes,
Wrapped in garden Lettuces,
Accompanied with a fermented sweet, lightly spicy and savoury dipping sauce, called Ssamjang
As well as a Kimchi Soup will be served.
Kombucha and fermented treats will be offered as well. Bring your appetite.