Kombucha Fermentation Private Workshop
In this Kombucha class, learn how to brew this magical elixir, including adding flavourings and natural fizz. Discover how to transform this thirst quenching tea-based probiotic-rich ferment into a health-packed effervescent Live Drink to boost your immune system. Rich in beneficial antioxidants, nutrients, enzymes and acids, booch improves digestion, increases energy, detoxifies, and boosts immunity.
This is a Private In-Person or Online Workshop tailored to your needs, and schedule at your convenience.
Note: Muskoka, Almaguin Highlands, and North Bay Ontario - SCOBY and Starter Tea can be delivered during the winter months. The rest of North America, A Kombucha workshop can be purchase at any time. Classes for Kombucha will be held between beginning of April till end of November due to potential freezing of SCOBY and Starter Tea during shipping in winter (unless purchase and shipped before the winter months).
In this hands-on class, you will learn:
- How to brew your own Kombucha
- What a SCOBY is, and isn’t
- Different teas and sugars for your Kombucha brew
- Brewing vessels and different brewing methods
- The art of fermentation
- Alternatively, Jun, the fancier cousin of Kombucha
- To flavour Kombucha with fruits, herbs and spices, etc.
- Safety measures of brewing and bottling
- How to create an effervescent Kombucha
- The difference between live homebrew versus store-bought versions
- The health benefits of Kombucha
- Other usages for Kombucha, including desserts, mustards, body care and cleaning
- Troubleshooting and maintenance
- Samplings of a variety of flavoured Kombucha drinks (in-person class only)
- Taste testing of other ferments such as Kimchi, Sauerkraut, Milk Kefir, etc if desire (in-person class only)
- Step by step brewing, flavouring, bottling, maintenance and troubleshooting instructions
- A Starter Kit to take home consisting of:
One organic heirloom SCOBY with liquid starter tea, instructions, and full follow-up support via email to ensure your brewing success)
Online Workshop Available
Gift Certificate Available
**All sales are non-refundable and final**
Payment in full is required at the time of registration.
As of September 22nd, 2021, all participants over the age of 12 must be fully vaccinated to attend any in-person workshops at our premises. Please do not proceed with your purchase if you are unable to provide proof of vaccination as we would not be permitted to allow entry per government guidelines.
For anyone eligible to be vaccinated against Covid-19, s/he will be fully vaccinated (per Health Canada requirements) at least 2 weeks (14 days) prior to the day of your scheduled workshop.
You must provide both photo ID and proof of vaccination for each guest over the age of 12 by email no less than 2 weeks prior to attending your scheduled workshop.
We thank you for your cooperation and understanding. We shall get through this together!
Cancellation and Change Policy
There are no refunds for the workshops. A credit will be issued for a future class if we are provided with at least 48 hours class cancellation notice.
We understand that the trajectory of Covid-19 is unknown moving forward. We must assume that we are allowed to open and operate, hence, our above refund policy will remain in effect.
We do not offer cash, credit or debit card refunds. Please carefully read the following information on our policy regarding transfers, cancellation and fees:
- We require at least 48 hours notice for rescheduling before the time and date of workshop. This policy is good for a year from the original date. Please send your reschedule request to us via email.
- In exceptional circumstances, we reserve the right to cancel a class with a minimum of 24 hours prior notice, although we have not experienced it thus far. We will re-book your workshop to another suitable time and date.
- Should we be forced to close at any time under government orders, the above policy will apply and all those with cooking classes or events affected by the closure will be offered a credit for future use.
- A confirmation email is sent at the time of booking to the email used for the registration.
- A reminder email will be sent a week prior to the workshop.
Sales are final so if you do have any dietary restrictions, allergies or questions, please contact us prior to booking to inquire if the class of interest is suitable for you.